Are you one of the 16 million students in high school or a parent who is looking to buy them a laptop to help them with their studies but with a budget under $500. You have come to the right place. In this article, we will analyze the best laptops for high school students under 500.
We understand that many high schools offer Chromebook’s but it has a limitation on its usage and most content on the web is blocked. So most students prefer personal computers to help them with their studies.
- Windows 10 operating system Windows 10 brings back the start menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, like the edge web browser that lets you markup web pages on your screen
- 14″ Display bright View glossy screen maintains the vivid colors in your photos and videos. Typical 1366 x 768 HD resolution. Wled backlight
- 7th Gen Intel Core i3-7100U mobile Processor smart dual-core, four-way processing performance for HD-quality computing
- 8GB system Memory for advanced multitasking substantial high-bandwidth RAM
- 128GB Solid State Drive (SSD) while offering less storage space than a hard drive, a flash-based SSD has no moving parts, resulting in faster start-up times
It is the best laptop for students who mainly use for their school work, It is light and fast that you could travel with. If you are looking for something that is a powerhouse laptop at this price point this the laptop you should buy this.
- Running your laptop faster with RAM upgrade, available at 8GB|12GB|16GB
- Get more storage with hard disk upgrade, available at 256GB|512GB|1TB SSD
- 7th Gen Intel Core i3-7130U 2.5GHz processor (3M Cache), Intel HD Graphics 620
- 15.6″ HD Touchscreen Widescreen LED-LCD (1366 x 768) display, Built-in HD Webcam, 802.11ac Dual Band WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1
- Windows 10 Home 64-Bit, 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0, 1x HDMI, 1x Headphone output/Microphone input combo, SD/SDHC/SDXC media reader
It is a laptop with good performance. It boots up within 15 sec and it runs super fast and smooth. The only issue is it does not have a lighted keyboard since students tend to work late night project works. Other than that it is a good performance laptop.
- Intel Core i5-5200U Processor 2.20GHz(2 cores, 3M Cache, up to 2.70GHz)
- 11.6″ diagonal HD UWVA multitouch-enabled ultra slim LED-backlit (1366 x 768); Intel HD Graphics 5500
- 4GB DDR3 SDRAM ,128GB SSD
- 1 x USB 3.0 1 x USB 3.0 charging, 1 x Display Port 1.2, 1 x Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack, 1 x RJ-45, Integrated 720p HD webcam, Backlit keyboard / Spill Resistant, Touchpad
- Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit English
It is a cool laptop for a student with its ultra sleek design and convertible iPad usage makes it favorite choice for a high school student laptop. It has decent performance but can’t handle heavy processing task. Overall at 4lbs it does not weight much at the same time it does not feel like a cheap product.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i3-8130U Processor (Up to 3.4GHz)
- 15.6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-lit Display
- 6GB Dual Channel Memory, 1TB HDD & 8x DVD
- Up to 13.5-Hours of battery life
- Windows 10 Home
It is a laptop which still has a built-in DVD drive you can’t find in most laptops nowadays. It has a 1TB HDD at 5400 rpm which reduces the speed of this laptop it would have been great if it has an SSD. The built quality is not that great but still, a decent product at a good price point for day to day school works.
- 8th Gen Intel Core i3-8130U mobile Processor 2.2GHz, Turbo up to 3.4GHz, 4 MB smart Cache
- 15.6” HD 1366 x 768 energy-efficient LED backlight display; Intel UHD Graphics 620
- 8GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM; 512GB Solid State Drive
- Wireless-ac WLAN, 10/100/1000 Ethernet, Bluetooth, no DVD. 2 x USB 3.0 Type A ports, 1 x USB 3.0 Type C ports, 1 x HDMI outputs (total), 1 x headphone jack
- Windows 10 Home, 14.9 x 0.9 x 10.2″, 4.85 lbs, Black
The built quality of the laptop is great and touch screen is sensitive and works well. But this laptop has some sound issues over time. Apart from that it is a good quality machine worth the price.
Well, considering the best laptops for high school students under 500. we had taken pricing & performance of each above laptop and ranked according to the usage of an average high school student.
If you find any laptop that is missing or should be included in the above list comment below.